[Koha] Koha DB framework mapping problem and side effects

Anthony Manzo manzo at salk.edu
Wed Apr 18 10:09:59 NZST 2007

Hi,
I am unable to return anything from subject searches in OPAC although
when I look at the bibliosubject.subject field within the mysql db the
data I am searching for does exist (and there are numbers in the
bibliosubject.biblionumber fields as well).

I setup my framework to have MARC field 650a link to
bibliosubject.subject.  Additionally, when I run the MARC Check I
receive no errors.

Two important side notes:  1.  When I do the OPAC 'any word' search I DO
return results.  2.  When I run the rebuildnonmarc perl script after
adjusting the framework I receive an error but it does seem to make the
changes ( or perhaps this is the cause of the problem) -- This error
follows my email becuase it is quite long.

I am running Koha v2.27

Thanks for any help.

Best,
Tony Manzo
The Salk Institute

! Error Msg begins here:
where biblioitemnumber =  at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/C4/Biblio.pm
line 1819.
DBD::mysql::db do failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check
the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right
syntax to use near '' at line 1 at misc/rebuildnonmarc.pl line 99.
.DBD::mysql::db do failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check
the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right
syntax to use near '' at line 22 at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/C4/Biblio.pm line 1817.
Update biblioitems set
itemtype        = NULL,
url             = 'http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/09442006',
isbn            = NULL,
issn            = '0944-2006',
publishercode   = 'G. Fischer,',
publicationyear = NULL,
classification  = NULL,
dewey           = NULL,
subclass        = NULL,
illus           = 'ill.',
pages           = NULL,
volumeddesc     = NULL,
volumedate     = NULL,
notes           = NULL,
size            = NULL,
place           = 'Jena, Germany :',
volume          = NULL,
number          = NULL,
lccn            = NULL

where biblioitemnumber =  at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/C4/Biblio.pm
line 1819.
DBD::mysql::db do failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check
the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right
syntax to use near '' at line 1 at misc/rebuildnonmarc.pl line 99.
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Column 'biblionumber' cannot be null at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/C4/Biblio.pm line 1895.
2350 MARC record done in 53.7834188938141 seconds