[Koha] Fw: From CDS/ISIS to Koha

José Miguel Parrella Romero joseparrella at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 23:45:00 NZST 2007

Danica Zendulková escribió:
> Thanks to all for useful suggestions. We have now CDS/ISIS database
> successfully converted to our KOHA.  But our work does not finish yet.
> We made only first step. Our "old" database from CDS/ISIS contained
> several pictures joined to differents records as a part of bibliographic
> description of book. We would like to add them to KOHA: it will be
> second step of our work.

Maybe you could fetch them using a Perl script (you'll need help from a
programmer here) - IIRC, a CDS-ISIS export file has a field where it
indicates the filename of the picture(s) joined to the record.

You could then upload the pictures to a Webserver (the same that is
serving your Koha installation) and add the resulting URL to the
corresponding MARC field for each record. I don't know if this is the
right way to do it, but I think it should work.

Jose

--
José Miguel Parrella Romero -> Debian Sid, k2.6.18
Escuela de Computación - Facultad de Ciencias