[Koha] Koha 2.2.7, Debian etch and mysql-server-5.0 question

Luis M. Gallardo D. gallardo9000 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 6 11:09:42 NZDT 2006

On Ubuntu (a Debian spin-off) MySQL 4 it's a virtual package that installs MySQL 5.  To fix this, you got to select a repository that offers you MySQL 4.

Rick Welykochy <rick at praxis.com.au> escribió: Joshua Ferraro wrote:

> I haven't confirmed this for myself, but I believe Etch has taken out
> support for MySQL 4.1. At LibLime, we're still running Sarge, though
> we've talked about upgrading to Etch soon.
>
> I think the best way to proceed would be to either:
>
>   * re-install with sarge (probably easiest)
>   * play around with backports.org, apt pinning (with the stable
>     sources), or installing from source...

I am working on an install of Debian Etch + Xen + Koha.

I am no debian expert, but have installed MySQL many times. If MySql 5.0
is all that is available on Etch, my inclination is to eschew apt for MySQL
and manually install MySQL 4.0. After all, there will be no need to updgrade
MySQL 4.0 ... it is static.

Any reason not to do this?

cheers
rickw