[Koha] import from OpenOffice Calc

Sebastian revoltingbook at kodeaffe.de
Fri Oct 27 14:05:02 NZDT 2006

hey...

firstofall, thanks for you answer.

* "Steven F. Baljkas" <baljkas at mts.net> [2006-10-26 18:38 +1300]:
> Wednesday, October 25, 2006    21:47 CDT
>
> No, you would not need to export to XML first. You should be able to save your data as delimited text and use a very handy free tool called MARCEdit, available off of the Library of Congress MARC Records, Systems and Tools page, to convert it into functional MARC records.
>
> Surf to URL <http://www.loc.gov/marc/marctools.html> to find MARCEdit.
>
> I have been told by a linux user in the past that MARCEdit was stable on linux. But if not in your case, I could convert delimited text forwarded for you (although I currently do NOT have the time to do any more editing).
>
> Let me know if you need further assistance with that.

it seems to run in Wine. but still, the text import function seems to
require the records to be in a specific format.
i will see if i can come up with a little scriptthat produces output
MARCEdit can digest. i will send it to the list, then. unfortunately,
i will leave very soon, so do not expect anything.

> N.B. for Koha, you will have to choose between UNIMARC and MARC21 (etc.) in terms of MARC flavours.

whatever that means. >:) but i reckon my fellow librarians can explain
that to me.

> Hope this helps a bit. Good luck with your data conversion and migration.

thanks,
 Sebastian

--
 _   ascii ribbon campaign     .oOo.   GCSd-s:+aC++ULB+++W++M+PS+++Y+
( )