[Koha] import from OpenOffice Calc

Steven F.Baljkas baljkas at mts.net
Thu Oct 26 15:54:03 NZDT 2006

Wednesday, October 25, 2006    21:47 CDT

Hi, Sebastian,

In quick response to your posting ...

No, you would not need to export to XML first. You should be able to save your data as delimited text and use a very handy free tool called MARCEdit, available off of the Library of Congress MARC Records, Systems and Tools page, to convert it into functional MARC records.

Surf to URL <http://www.loc.gov/marc/marctools.html> to find MARCEdit.

I have been told by a linux user in the past that MARCEdit was stable on linux. But if not in your case, I could convert delimited text forwarded for you (although I currently do NOT have the time to do any more editing).

Let me know if you need further assistance with that.

N.B. for Koha, you will have to choose between UNIMARC and MARC21 (etc.) in terms of MARC flavours.

Hope this helps a bit. Good luck with your data conversion and migration.

Cheers,
Steven F. Baljkas
library tech at large
Koha neophyte