[Koha] Item Type problem

Gavin McCullagh gmccullagh at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 06:06:22 NZST 2006

Hi,

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006, Joshua Ferraro wrote:

> You've hit on a major limitation of the Koha 2.2 series. The good
> news is it's already fixed in the CVS version for the 3.0 series.
> That is, you can specify circ rules on a per-item basis as well
> as a per-biblioitem basis.

Great!

> If you need to run 2.2, you should be able to merge in the changes
> from CVS into your local copy pretty simply ... probably much more
> simply than rolling your own. If you do manage to do this, I'd
> be very interested in a patch for this ...

Hmmm.  How stable is 3.0 at this point?  Do you have a target date for
release?  Are most of the planned new features in yet?  We're thinking in
terms of use in September which I presume it won't be released for but if
it were reasonably stable we might consider using it from CVS and chasing
bugs when they hit us.

Alternatively, backporting it to 2.2 might be worthwhile, particularly
given that there is a reference 3.0 implentation which we could try and be
database compatible with.  I'd have to look into how involved that would
be.

Gavin