[Koha] Item Type problem

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Tue Aug 15 02:42:45 NZST 2006

Hi Gavin,

On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 02:24:14PM +0100, Gavin McCullagh wrote:

> This problem seems (if I understand correctly) to be a difference in
> design.
>
>  - the alice/oasis system relates:
>         biblio -> item -> itemtype -> borrowingrules
>  - koha relates:
>         biblio -> bibliotype -> borrowingrules
You've hit on a major limitation of the Koha 2.2 series. The good
news is it's already fixed in the CVS version for the 3.0 series.
That is, you can specify circ rules on a per-item basis as well
as a per-biblioitem basis.

If you need to run 2.2, you should be able to merge in the changes
from CVS into your local copy pretty simply ... probably much more
simply than rolling your own. If you do manage to do this, I'd
be very interested in a patch for this ...

Cheers,