[Koha] Please Read Body

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Sat Jul 29 10:05:02 NZST 2006

Hi Laurie,

Welcome to the list and to the Koha community...

On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 04:50:30PM -0500, Laurie Selwyn wrote:
> Here's the million dollar question: If the MARC folders appear on our
> WIN2000 server, why are the BIBLIO FRAMEWORK and the LINKS KOHA-MARC DB
> completely empty?  And what do we do to fix it?  Has anyone else run into
> this problem?
What version of Koha are you running?

> Also, what is the "TEST" database?  Currently, the server indicates we have
> three databases associated with KOHA: Blank 223 (which is where we can see
> the "marc_" files), SQL, and TEST.
There is only one database for Koha. The others must have been
installed separately (maybe just some defaults for your RDBMS?)

> I have spent two weeks trying to find my MARC21 database "choices" in both
> the Biblio Framework and the LinksKoha-MARC DB but both are completely
> blank.  My IT person can see the various MARC folders (marc_blbl-subfield,
> marc_breeding, marc_subfield_structure, marc_subfield_table, etc.) on the
> server within a window titled "WinMySQLadmin 1.4 so it appears that
> everything has been downloaded.
It sounds like maybe your frameworks aren't populated. I'd re-install Koha
or manually import the new MARC21 framework from CVS (rel_2_2 branch).

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Running an ILS is no joyride ... we feel your pain :-). When you
calculate the time involved in learning/setting up/maintaining Koha,
you may find it's more economical to purchase support (and even hosting)
from one of the available providors:

http://koha.org/support/pay.html

Of course, if that's not your style, more power to you ... the whole
point of an open-source system is Choice.  Let us know how things are
going and if you have additional questions, etc.

Cheers,