[Koha-win32] Re: [Koha] Tag 880

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Sat Feb 25 10:13:46 NZDT 2006

On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 12:26:29PM -0800, Carol Ku wrote:
> i think the $6 linking field is different from a regular
> subfield a, b or c
> etc.
>
> In MARC, all the information on the book will be stored in the native
> language in tag 880.  Then they use $6 linking field to tie 880 to tag 100
> for Name etc... so e.g. 880 $6100 a.... so this tag means information
> stored here is the author name (designated by code $6100) in e.g Chinese.
> $6 is not a regular subfield....
OK ... first let's discuss what you're trying to do. I have had two
years of Chinese language classes so I know that there are several
ways to represent Chinese. Are you attempting to put 'pinyin' in the
100a and then link to the actual characters in 880? What is your goal
in using the 880?

Cheers,

--
Joshua Ferraro               VENDOR SERVICES FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE