[Koha] Koha Installation Upgrade 2.2.4 to 2.2.5 Windows

Amzari Abu Bakar amzari79 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 25 01:47:00 NZDT 2006

I have realize this also. cgi-bin/koha path have been
hard coded inside koha perl scripts. which mean, if
you want to chahne it, you have to change in ALL koha
perl scripts. so, I just remap ScriptAlias
/cgi-bin/koha from /intranet/cgi-bin/koha to
/usr/koha225/intranet-cgi and for opac
/usr/koha225/opac-cgi

it will point to your new koha225 folder.

perl5lib environment can be added by right click "My
Computer"-->"Properties"-->"Advance"
Tab-->"Environment Variables"

On System variables section, serch for perl5lib, click
Edit. Change the values from
c:\usr\koha224\intranet\modules to
c:\usr\koha225\modules.

hope this will help.

--- Carol Ku <carolcool01 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> http://opac/cgi-bin/koha/opac-main.pl
>
>   When I click on various pages, the path still
> points to cgi-bin/koha, which seems to be the old
> path under koha224.
>
>   I modify the information on http.conf text file.
> Is that okay?
>
> Amzari Abu Bakar <amzari79 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>   Hi everyone;
>
> For those interested to upgrade Koha2.2.4 windows to
> Koha2.2.5.
>
> Referring to my previous email on this matter, I
> have
> realize that I have made several mistakes.
> Previously,
> I have advice to extract Koha2.2.5 to c:\usr\koha225
> and make changes to koha.conf in c:\etc. The
> mistakes
> is in apache, it still referring to old folder (i.e:
> c:\usr\koha224.) You can test it by renaming koha224
> folder to koha224_bak, and run your koha. you will
> find 404 -access forbidden.
>
> Apart from extracting koha files to c:\usr\koha225,
> you have to alter your koha.conf and httpd.conf.
> make
> sure you make a backup first. My current setting is
> Apache2.0.54, WinXP, MySQL4.0.15-nt.
> Activestateperl 5.6 install at c:\usr\, perl
> localted
> at c:\usr\bin\
>
> Here are basic guidelines of upgrading from Koha
> 2.2.4
> Windows to Koha 2.2.5.
> 1. Install koha2.2.4 for windows according to
> guidelines in http:\\www.kohadocs.org
>
> 1. change c:\etc\koha.conf configuration as follows:
>
> database=
> hostname=localhost
> user=koha
> pass=koha
> intranetdir=c:\usr\koha225\intranet-cgi
> opacdir=c:\usr\koha225\opac-cgi
> kohaversion=2.2.5
> opachtdocs=c:\usr\koha225\opac-html\opac-tmpl

intrahtdocs=c:\usr\koha225\intranet-html\intranet-tmpl

includes=c:\usr\koha225\intranet-html\intranet-tmpl\npl\en\includes