[Koha] a few koha errors

Joshua Ferraro jmf at kados.org
Sun Jan 9 06:38:34 NZDT 2005

SELinux users,

There's a better way.  Instead of disabling SELinux for httpd just change
the context for the Koha directories.  The utility for doing this is called
'chcon' (and I see I forgot to include information on this in the install
guide).  Here's a brief description of how to use it:

First, check the context for the directories that you know work for httpd:

[root at koha]# ls -Z /var/www/
drwxr-xr-x  root     root     system_u:object_r:httpd_sys_script_exec_t cgi-bin
drwxr-xr-x  root     root     system_u:object_r:httpd_sys_content_t error
drwxr-xr-x  root     root     system_u:object_r:httpd_sys_content_t html
drwxr-xr-x  root     root     system_u:object_r:httpd_sys_content_t icons
drwxr-xr-x  root     root     system_u:object_r:httpd_sys_content_t manual
drwxr-xr-x  webalize root     system_u:object_r:httpd_sys_content_t usage

Then, use the chcon utility to label the koha subdirs as for their counterparts
in /var/www.  Here's the syntax:

chcon <context> /usr/local/koha/<subdirectory>

For more info on SELinux check out the FC3 FAQ:

http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/selinux-faq-fc3/

Hope that helps.  Post here if you have any questions, etc.  (Stephen could
you add the above to the "Installing Koha on Fedora Core" manual?)

Joshua