[Koha] a few koha errors

Giuseppe.Angilella at ct.infn.it Giuseppe.Angilella at ct.infn.it
Sat Jan 8 20:37:52 NZDT 2005

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005, Sebastian Krieg wrote:

> Hello Giuseppe,
>
> I also use Koha with FC3. Your error´s reason is selinux.
>
> Go to command prompt an type: /usr/bin/system-config-securitylevel as root.
> There is "SELinux" and mark the entry
> "HTTPD-Service | Disable SELinux protection for httpd daemon"
>
> You can also do the same with the entry
> "SELinux Service Protection | Disable SELinux protectionfor mysqld daemon"
>
> I hope it´s the right way for you.
>
> Sebastian

Dear Sebastian,

it worked! Many, many thanks!

I didn't use to have anything like that in RedHat 9.0, and was completely
stymied.

(Incidentally, I do have the httpd entry in SELinux, but not the mysqld
one.)

I made a lot of other trials (which I am not going to report in full
here), but observed a strange behavior. I could not execute _any_ script
located in _any_ subdir of the path /usr/local/koha/intranet/cgi-bin, even
when correctly defined in httpd.conf, whereas I _could_ execute such
scripts, if copied to /var/www/cgi-bin (or subdirs), i.e. httpd's default
location for cgi's.

Therefore, I was beginning to fancy that a possible workaround to my
problem was to perform a new installation of koha under /var/www/koha, but
I didn't try - THANKS to your most precious suggestion!

Many thanks again,

Giuseppe.