[Koha] Using lccn in koha 2.2.0 rc2

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Sat Dec 4 04:16:35 NZDT 2004

Olugbenga Adara a écrit :

>Hello all,
>
>thanks to everyone who has worked to make koha
>available.
>
>1. one of the features i have been waiting for is to
>use lccn in koha rather than dewey. however i have set
>up 2.2.0 rc2 but i do not know any setting to be made
>to use lccn or any other type of call number. could
>any on explain how or give me pointers?

just go to :
Koha >> Parameters >> systempreferences >> itemcallnumber
You define here the (biblio) subfield you use to report in your (item)
callnumber subfield. So 050x for you.

Then, in your MARC structure, go to your item field (995 for example),
edit your callnumber field and "map it" to items.itemcallnumber.

That's all. Now, when you validate a biblio, and add an item, the item
is automatically by default with the 050x value.

Note this is not true for bulkmarcimported biblios. Just for new
manually entered ones.

>2. also the library i am installing for (Hezekiah
>Oluwasanmi Library, Ile-Ife Nigeria - over 400,000
>biblios) has lccn in 050 (the original loc call
>number) and their own variation in 090. sometimes it
>matches for each record and sometimes not. but i
>notice 090 is being used by koha internally. can i
>change this to something else without breaking koha?

yes, by default 090 is used internally. But the good new is that you can
"move" the 090 parameters where you want (091, 109...) the only limit is
that the field you choose must have the 2 subfields and no other one.

--
Paul POULAIN