[Koha] opac seach add-on

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Mon Nov 8 09:29:20 NZDT 2004

On Sun, Nov 07, 2004 at 06:29:38AM -0800, mike re-v said:
> hi
> would it be a stretch to include on the koha opac
> search a link to amazon to get more info like see this
> book. I've been looking at cpan net::amazon.  The
> heavy example script from net::amazon looks good but
> it returns info from amazon in xml

Hiya

I actually wrote a script a while back, that fetches review data from amazon.
It then populates the Koha database with it. So that in the opac you can
display peoples reviews from amazon if you want.
The Amazon hacks book from Oreilly has tons of neat code snippets to allow
you to do things like this.

I could commit the reviews script to the unstable branch, perhaps we could
build some more scripts like this.

Chris

027 4500 789                                       Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz