[Koha] koha MARC mapping

Library lib at gndec.ac.in
Thu Aug 19 00:08:02 NZST 2004

hai everybody ,
i have some another questions about mapping:

Please read the complete mail

1.if i don't use the 090a koha Itemtype (NR)
  then the MARC check display the error i.e.
  "itemtype NOT mapped  the biblioitems.itemtype field MUST :
    be mapped to a MARC subfield,the correspounding subfield MUST have
    authorised_value=itemtype"
? IF 090a is wrong then which is the suitable tag for it.

 Table biblio:

> > biblionumber  090  c  Koha biblionumber (NR)
> > author        100 a Personal name
> > title         245 a Title
> > unititle      245 b bibliosubtitles.subtitle
>
> > notes
> > serial
> > seriestitle   440 a Title
> > copyrightdate
> > timestamp
> > abstract
> >
> >   Table biblioitems:
> >
> > biblioitemnumber  090  d  Koha biblioitemnumber (NR)
> > biblionumber      037 a Stock number
> No, leave this blank (you've already mapped in it the biblio table)

? which tag is used for volume & number?

> > volume
> > number
> > classification    082 b Item number
> > itemtype          090 a Koha Itemtype (NR)
> You should not map any value that you want the catalogers to control to
> tag 090, because the 090 tag is controlled by the Koha software and cannot
> be changed by the catalogers.  IMHO, it's better to map itemtype to some
> other MARC subfield and then set that subfield to use only the authorised
> itemtype values.

? WHERE

> > isbn           020 a International Standard Book Number
> > issn
> > dewey              082 a Classification number
> > subclass           090 b Koha Dewey Subclass (NR)
> Again, don't use the 090 tag for this.
>
> > publicationyear    260 c Date of publication, distribution, etc
> > publishercode      260 b Name of publisher, distributor, etc
> >
> > volumedate
> > volumeddesc
> > timestamp
> > illus
> > pages
> > notes
> > size
> > place              260 a Place of publication, distribution, etc
> >
> > lccn
> > marc
> > url
> >
> > Table items:
> >
> > note: Tag no.s with subfield in capital letters are local defined tags.
> >
> > itemnumber       952  u  itemnumber
> > biblionumber
> > multivolumepart
> > biblioitemnumber
> > barcode          952 p barcode
> > dateaccessioned  952 v dateaccessioned
> > booksellerid
> > homebranch       952 b homebranch
> > price            952 r price
> > replacementprice  952 I replacementprice
> > replacementpricedate  952 J replacementpricedate
> > datelastborrowed
> > datelastseen
> > multivolume       952 K multivolume
> > stack
> > notforloan        952 y notforloan
> > itemlost          952 L itemlost
> > wthdrawn          952 M Write Off
> > bulk              952 N duplicate copy
> > issues
> > renewals
> > reserves
> > restricted
> > binding           952 O Binding
> > itemnotes         952 Q Transferred Documents
> > holdingbranch     952 d holdingbranch
> > paidfor           952 S Acc No. for MR
> > timestamp
> >
> > Table bibliosubjects:
> >
> > subject   650a

> > biblionumber

> > Table  bibliosubtitle:
> >
> > subtitle   245b
> > biblionumber

? WHICH TAG IS USED FOR additionalauthor.author & biblionumber

--
Kanwal
Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College