[Koha] koha MARC mapping

Stephen Hedges shedges at skemotah.com
Sat Aug 14 23:29:49 NZST 2004

Mrs. Kanwal, I've inserted some comments on your MARC mapping:

Library said:

> Table biblio:
>
> biblionumber  090  c  Koha biblionumber (NR)
> author        100 a Personal name
> title         245 a Title
> unititle      245 b Remainder of title
245b would probably be better mapped to bibliosubtitles.subtitle

> notes
> serial
> seriestitle   440 a Title
> copyrightdate
> timestamp
> abstract
>
>   Table biblioitems:
>
> biblioitemnumber  090  d  Koha biblioitemnumber (NR)
> biblionumber      037 a Stock number
No, leave this blank (you've already mapped in it the biblio table)
> volume
> number
> classification    082 b Item number
> itemtype          090 a Koha Itemtype (NR)
You should not map any value that you want the catalogers to control to
tag 090, because the 090 tag is controlled by the Koha software and cannot
be changed by the catalogers.  IMHO, it's better to map itemtype to some
other MARC subfield and then set that subfield to use only the authorised
itemtype values.

> isbn           020 a International Standard Book Number
> issn
> dewey              082 a Classification number
> subclass           090 b Koha Dewey Subclass (NR)
Again, don't use the 090 tag for this.

> publicationyear    260 c Date of publication, distribution, etc
> publishercode      260 b Name of publisher, distributor, etc
>
> volumedate
> volumeddesc
> timestamp
> illus
> pages
> notes
> size
> place              260 a Place of publication, distribution, etc
>
> lccn
> marc
> url
>
> Table items:
>
> note: Tag no.s with subfield in capital letters are local defined tags.
>
> itemnumber       952  u  itemnumber
> biblionumber
> multivolumepart
> biblioitemnumber
> barcode          952 p barcode
> dateaccessioned  952 v dateaccessioned
> booksellerid
> homebranch       952 b homebranch
> price            952 r price
> replacementprice  952 I replacementprice
> replacementpricedate  952 J replacementpricedate
> datelastborrowed
> datelastseen
> multivolume       952 K multivolume
> stack
> notforloan        952 y notforloan
> itemlost          952 L itemlost
> wthdrawn          952 M Write Off
> bulk              952 N duplicate copy
> issues
> renewals
> reserves
> restricted
> binding           952 O Binding
> itemnotes         952 Q Transferred Documents
> holdingbranch     952 d holdingbranch
> paidfor           952 S Acc No. for MR
> timestamp
>
> Table bibliosubjects:
>
> subject
> biblionumber
You most defintely want to map your most commonly used subject subfield
(probably 650a) to this table.

> Table  bibliosubtitle:
>
> subtitle
> biblionumber