[Koha] importing, marc mapping, progress

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Mon Aug 9 22:02:08 NZST 2004

M Brooke Helman wrote:

> That is saaaweet! The anal retentive filer in me has been waiting for
> this to happen.
> Hey, have you been spying on my wish list? ;) It's great that this
> stuff is getting done. This project gets more viable everyday. Thanks
> so much folks! I truly have seen better results from Koha than
> commercial products.

Just to lower your enthusiasm, let me just remind that the solution must
work with english as well as french & other languages. It's really easy
to do it just for french (for example), it's more complex to do it for
any language.

<stephen>
I think the best solution could be to use the "stopword" table. Add 1
field 'ignore also in unititle', and automatically compute the unititle
from the title, by removing 'ignore also in unititle' words at the
beginning of the complete title.
I've no time to do it for instance.

--
Paul POULAIN