[Koha] how to unintall koha v2

Zeki Celikbas celikbas at itu.edu.tr
Fri Jun 18 21:27:30 NZST 2004

Hi Eric,

Usually there is a sight that GPL softwares' documentation is weak. Yes, what a pity this
is true for Koha :-(

But there are lots of individual works about documentation and an official document
about Koha. Here are web sites:

Official koha document:
http://www.koha.org/manual/book1.html

Koha wiki pages:
http://www.saas.nsw.edu.au/koha_wiki/index.php

I thing this NewbieGuide is the best starting point in my opinion:
http://www.saas.nsw.edu.au/koha_wiki/index.php?page=NewbieGuide

You can find some documents from this pages. But before you start you must open
parameters screen and enter some data at last this three fields:

Item types: 		Define item types
Library branches	The different branches manage with this koha server
Categories		Define the categories of borrowers

Best regards.

Zeki Celikbas

On 18 Jun 2004 at 16:32, Eric G. Salayon wrote:

> tnx, what i've done was "reinstall" by running installer.pl. i got
> some error. i delete kohaadmin user and koha database and then i run
> installer.pl , now its installer properly. do you have manual on how
> to use koha?
>
> eric
>
> > Hi all
> >
> > I want to add something about uninstalling koha. I've come across
> > some of my notes to remove koha. Here is commands:
> >
> > # to remove koha config files:
> > rm /etc/koha*
> >
> > # to remove web sites:
> > rm -rf /usr/local/koha
> >
> > # to remove koha database
> > mysqladmin -uroot -pXXX drop Koha
> >
> > # to remove koha admin user:
> > mysql -uroot -pXXX -Dmysql -e"delete from user where
> > user='kohaadmin'"
> >
> > don't forget to remove the "Include /etc/koha-httpd.conf" line at
> > the end of apache config file.
> >
> > see you untill to install koha again :-))

                                                  Uzman Zeki Celikbas
                                 ITU Ucak ve Uzay Bilimleri Fakultesi
                                                34460 Maslak Istanbul
                                                  celikbas at itu.edu.tr