[Koha] Koha in Linux Festival

Zeki Celikbas celikbas at itu.edu.tr
Fri May 7 19:18:20 NZST 2004

Goodmorning to all,

I saw that lots of reply to my email which I've wrote yesterday night when I was leaving
work. Thanks all again. I'll try to reply all friends.

This festivals aim is to introduce and to become widespead of linux in Turkey and to
meet the linux comminity. me and people will work to set up linux people onw machine
who bring to festival for free. I'll also show to librarians how to set up and work koha.

> If you'd like, Zeki, I could try to find some Turkish language records
> in Canada's National Library (NLC-BNC) database Amicus (a little more
> user-friendly, BTW). I'm pretty sure we can specify language targets,
> and I know we can batch records if you prefer. Also, if there are
> specific types of book or non-book materials that you'd like for your
> sample (theses, technical papers, etc.), give me a shout off-listserv
> and I'll be glad to help gather whatever you want (got lots of free
> time now).
Steven you are so kind to leave time for me. It isn't necessary becoming Turkish
language for sample materials. I'll only need some marc and/or sql data to import koha
but it is good idea to became difternt types of materials.

> Denise Sharp and Jamey Sharp, "Open Source in Libraries: Philosophy
> and Tools" February 2004, available at http://minilop.net/OnlineNW --
> I think Denise Sharp reported that it was well-received.

thanks MJ Ray I'm also working on open sources in libraries.

> > 2. Some sample data (sql format).
>
> I will try to get this for you, but it may not be soon enough.

I have time untill the middle of nex week.

> Can you make your presentation available online and tell us how it
> goes, please?

Here is one of my old peresentation about koha. but sory it is in Turkish.
http://seminer.linux.org.tr/seminer-notlari.php

I'll reply this seminar on 16 of june at IBM Linux Center in Istanbul.

> I have.
> But in french & in UNIMARC. Tell me if you want them.

Thanks Paul please send me some records. It will be very usefull for me.

> > 1. The name of the institutes using Koha for
> > examples.
>
> OK, I'll grab the easy question.  There's a pretty good list at
> http://www.saas.nsw.edu.au/koha_wiki/index.php?page=KohaUsers

Thanks Stephen I haven't seen this list before.

I hope that linux, koha and other free softwares are wide know in Turkey and will be use
at people own work.

Thank to all people again.

Zeki Celikbas
Librarian
Istanbul Technical University         e:mailto:celikbas at itu.edu.tr
Faculty of Aero. & Astro.               w:http://www2.itu.edu.tr/~celikbas
80626 Maslak Istanbul Turkey       t:(212)2853108 f: (212)2853139