[Koha] Possibility of setting up and then exporting MARC tag structure?

Stephen Hedges shedges at skemotah.com
Fri Feb 20 12:54:39 NZDT 2004

baljkas at mts.net said:

> Is the configuration of the MARC tag structure (what I'll call the MAP for
> convenience sake) saved to any particular file in such a way that one
> could do the set up at Point A and then export it to Point B? Or
> alternatively, could it be remote accessed so that the work could be done
> for Koha installation at Point B online from a Point A?

Couldn't you do that with the mysqldump command?  Something like:

mysqldump --opt koha marc_subfield_structure > subfield_structure_backup.sql

to make the copy, and then:

mysql koha marc_subfield_structure < subfield_structure_backup.sql

on the Point B machine to read that table into the second installation?

Or I think you could also do it over a network, if your MySQL is set up
for remote hosts:

mysqldump --opt koha marc_subfield_structure | mysql --host=remote-host -C
koha marc_subfield_structure

BUT, I haven't tried that (just a suggestion for some other brave soul to
test).

> **This is based on my understanding that Koha won't map MARC tags properly
> unless all encountered tags are mapped completely in the MARC tag
> structure admin.**

Do you mean you _must_ use the web interface?  I didn't think so.

--
Stephen Hedges
Skemotah Solutions, USA
www.skemotah.com  --  shedges at skemotah.com