[Koha] Install - Error or Not??

Greg Lambert/Amigos lambert at amigos.org
Sat Sep 6 06:26:19 NZST 2003

> I'm working on putting together detailed installation procedures for Koha
> 2.0.0pre2 and got a couple error message at the end of the install and
> wondered if this is something that is really an error, or if it is
nothing
> to worry about.
>
> The first error message come during the Apache Configuration:
>
>    UPDATING APACHE CONFIGURATION
>
>    Checking for modules that need to be loaded...
>    grep: /etc/koha-httpd.conf: No such file or directory

   <Martín's comment> I got this one too when installing.... and when
   finished, I had to edit my
   httpd.conf  by hand, to add the <VirtualHost> section

   <William's comment> I did not get this error.  Could it be that the file
   was not created,
   perhaps due to write permissions of the /etc directory?  Have you tried
   installing it as root?

I did the installation as 'root', so there shouldn't be a permission issue
with the /etc directory.

This is an installation on Redhat 9.0...  could there be a directory issue?

I'd really like to find a method of having the koha-httpd.conf and
httpd.conf updated automatically by the installer.pl process  (call me
lazy)....

Is it possible that I am not pointing to the correct directory somewhere in
the install process????

-Greg

Greg Lambert, JD, MLIS
Project Manager