[Koha] Migration to 2.0 betas going smoothly?

MJ Ray markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Jul 31 05:21:32 NZST 2003

Ben Ostrowsky <sylvar at vaxer.net> wrote:
> If I decide not to wait until 2.0-STABLE, and install Koha 1.x now, how
> much hassle am I in for when I upgrade to 2.0?

I think that we'll try to make it as hassle-free as we can and try to work
with you to smooth out any bumps.  Upgrading is not yet supported, but I
think it needs to be there before we start making "Release Candidate"
versions.  The work to do it is underway, although after a week away I've
forgotten exactly what work it was for now... ;-)

With a little trickery, 1.x and 2.0pre2 or later may be installable
alongside each other, by setting some variables before running the
2.x installer, at least on *n*x systems.  I'm not sure if there are
other version problems (perl modules etc) that will stop that working.
Is anyone doing it?

      http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   jabber://slef@jabber.at
Thought: Edwin A Abbott wrote about trouble with Windows in 1884