[Koha-devel] Re: [Koha] (no subject)

Rachel Hamilton-Williams rachel at katipo.co.nz
Tue Apr 8 08:20:48 NZST 2003

Hi

> >The logo has a small k - but that's for aesthetic reasons (K being such a "big"
> > letter)  However in text we always write it "Koha" like a propername - because
> > the word "koha" has meaning here - and we wouldn't want to get them confused
> >:- )
> >

> Note, as a joke, but not only, that in french Koha is pronounced like
> "quoi", a word that means "what".
> So when I speak of Koha, i try to say "ko-ha" (in 2 parts), and not
> "koa" (in one part) !

Paul your pronounciation is exactly right :-)  Here we would say Ko-ha as well,
so if you wish to say one small piece of maori correctly that's the
pronounciation :-)

Cheers

Rachel Hamilton-Williams             Katipo Communications
WEBMISTRESS                          ph  021 389 128 or +64 04 934 1285
mailto:rachel at katipo.co.nz           PO Box 12487, Wellington
http://www.katipo.co.nz              New Zealand
Koha Open Source Library System
http://www.koha.org