[Koha] Can't modify records

Tonnesen Steve tonnesen at cmsd.bc.ca
Wed Nov 27 09:25:28 NZDT 2002

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002, Jim Thomas wrote:

> OK Thanks.  Right now I've only got shell access to the system, so I
> can't easily check that.  But I did some digging around, and I have a
> question that might lead me to an answer.

What browser (and version of browser) is she using to access Koha?  Is it
a fairly recent one?

> Hmmm... as I recall, the last time I tried this, I was not asked for a
> password.  This leaves me to believe that ($type eq 'opac'), which I'm
> guessing would render the buttons unresponsive.

Koha 1.2.2 has no internal authentication mechanism, but relies on Apache
authentication.  If apache was not configured to require authentication
for the intranet (librarian) interface then you will not be required to
enter a password to access the site.  If your koha server is accessible to
anybody other than your wife (ie over the internet) this might be a bad
situation.  Let me know if you need information about setting up Basic
Authentication in Apache.

Steve.