[Koha] Can't modify records

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Wed Nov 27 09:15:55 NZDT 2002

Hi Jim

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 03:09:19PM -0500, Jim Thomas said:
> paul POULAIN wrote:
> > The acquisitions parameter in table parameters can be set to normal
> > (acquisition through booksellers) or simple (direct entering of
> > biblios)
>
> OK Thanks.  Right now I've only got shell access to the system, so I
> can't easily check that.  But I did some digging around, and I have a
> question that might lead me to an answer.

You can check in the db Jim, if you jump into the database from the
commandline.
mysql -uusername -ppassword Koha
then
SELECT * from systempreferences;
That should show you what acquisitions is set to.

> In /usr/local/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/detail.pl, starting at line 89 I
> see:
>
> if ($type ne 'opac'){
>   print "<INPUT TYPE=\"image\" name=\"submit\"  VALUE=\"modify\"
> height=42  WIDTH=93 BORDER=0 src=\"/images/modify-mem.gif\">
>   <INPUT TYPE=\"image\" name=\"delete\"  VALUE=\"delete\" height=42
> WIDTH=93 BORDER=0 src=\"/images/delete-mem.gif\">";
> }
>
> Hmmm... as I recall, the last time I tried this, I was not asked for a
> password.  This leaves me to believe that ($type eq 'opac'), which I'm
> guessing would render the buttons unresponsive.
>
> Am I on the right track?  If so, why am I not prompted for a password?

Not really im afraid :-)
If you were viewing the page from the opac you wouldnt even get modify and
delete buttons displaying.

What we really need to see, is a screen shot of the page, and/or the source
of the offending page.
That should let us spot whats going on.

Hope this is of some help

Chris
025 500 789                                        Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz