[Koha] Can't modify records

Jim Thomas jthomas at bittware.com
Wed Nov 27 03:55:59 NZDT 2002

> > We are seeing two problems with the box.  First, the koha web pages take
> > a loooong time to load.  I suspect this is a DNS problem, but I'm not
> > sure.

I'm usre now.  I removed bind from the system and made it just use our
regular DNS server.  The slowness problem went away.

Rachel Hamilton-Williams wrote:

> Hi Jim
>
> As always it's a bit tricky to figure this out without being able to see it -
> but is there a chance if we can't have access to the box that your wife could
> do some screen shots so we know were she "is" when it stops working?

Here are the steps we can take to see the problem:
Bring up the admin page (/usr/local/koha/intranet/htdocs)

Search for a book in the "Catalog" box by typing in a keyword and
pressing enter.

Click on a book title.  That brings me to a page that has non-functional
Modify and Delete buttons:

/usr/local/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/koha/detail.pl?

I have omitted the search criteria following the "detail.pl?" because I
doubt that it's relevant.

> I'm assuming she is using simple acquisitions to get stuff into the system?

I dunno.  How could I tell?

jthomas at bittware.com  http://www.bittware.com          (703) 779-7770
There's a fine line between clever and stupid