Fwd: [Koha] z3950 stalls after one search

Kevin Johnson kevin at utig.ig.utexas.edu
Tue Nov 5 12:55:56 NZDT 2002

I should have included this. I get the error message:

Z39.50 search daemon error: no process signalled.
There is a launcher for the Z39.50 client daemon in your intranet installation
directory under ./scripts/z3950daemon/z3950-daemon-launch.sh. This
script should be run as root, and it will start up the program running with the
privileges of your apache user. Ideally, this script should be started from a
system init directory so that is running after the machine starts up.

even though the process is shown in the process list. Thanks.

Kevin

>Hi. I recently install koha and it is mostly working. When I do a Z39.50
>search however, it will process the first item in the queue, but stall
>after that with other processes marked as pending. If I send a kill -HUP
>to z3950processqueue.pid it starts working on the next one, but this is
>probably not the desired behavior. If it makes a difference my RunAsUser
>is not "apache". Other than that I think I followed all the instructions,
>and it is sort of working. Any help would be most appreciated.

----
Kevin Johnson                   University of Texas, Institute for Geophysics
Senior Systems Analyst          4412 Spicewood Springs Rd -- Bldg. 600
(512) 471-0410                  Austin, TX 78759-8500
mailto:kevin at ig.utexas.edu      http://www.ig.utexas.edu