[Koha] Site architecture

Randy Edwards redwards at golgotha.net
Wed Oct 30 13:24:16 NZDT 2002

Owen Leonard wrote:
> the site.  Have others simply placed the rest of their site in the
> koha/opac/htdocs/ folder, changing Koha's index.html to search.html or
> something like that?  Or am I thinking about it in the wrong way?

    IMHO, you're thinking about it the wrong way.  I've found way too many
times that renaming someone's files (even simple *.html files) will lead to
headaches if/when the filenames change or when software is upgraded.

    How about using symbolic links in your main site's HTML tree?  That way
you can just create a symlink at the spot you want your search.html and simply
link it to Koha's index.html.  You keep them separate for ease of
upgrades/changes, and yet you still get the integrated layout you want on your
main site.

--
  Regards,                | Debian GNU/ __      o http://www.debian.org