[Koha] Nearly installed... one more q.

Ervin Peters ervin.peters at ervnet.de
Fri Aug 23 20:08:19 NZST 2002

moin,

> I smell it running.  (I'm doing it on Windows, remember?)
funny.
I'm working at least 1 week to get it running on pstgreSQL, and it works in
many parts.

> I can now use virtual hosts to bring up the opac and librarian
> pages,
Nameservices works fine I guess.
> but when I run any script, it returns a blank screen. (For
> example, when I try to search the database for a book or a user,
> even though it is empty at the moment)  The apache logs show no
> errors.
Maybe the Apache has not been ask for the request?
Does the log show any request on the scripts?

> Any idea what can cause this? I must say this is what happens in
> Opera. For some reason in Internet Explorer it now tries to
> establish an internet connection, as if it's searching for a dns
> that is not local.
If that you should get an DNS or File not found error, because there is
probably no copy of your Intranet Namespace outside.
> Don't know what I changed to cause this.
I don't know it yet, but the links in koha are all relative - it seems it
is an Nameresolving Problem. If you could see any Entry page
[$kohaadminpath]/htdocs/[$somesubdir]/index.html probably Koha cannot find
the C4 Modules or the includes.

> Ta
> Geo

Ervin Peters