[Koha] Re: question

Pat Eyler pate at eylerfamily.org
Tue Jul 23 06:36:15 NZST 2002

On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, Jodeen Wink wrote:

> Dear Sir,

Hi Jodeen,
I'll try to take your questions a bite at a time below:

> Can I use this software in my home library, even if I don't have any
> intention of integrating with other libraries?

Yes, you certainly can.  A couple of the developers (at least) are doing
just that.

>  How do I catalog my collection on this system?
> I tried to catalog on it and could only search what I assumed was an
> existing collection.

It sounds like you loaded the sample data.

> What if I am starting from scratch and there is no existing collection
> to search?

What I'd recommend is a) take a look at the new version of the manual
(coming out 'Real Soon Now'), and b) talk to the people on the koha users
list (I'm cc'ing them on the reply).  I'm not a librarian, so any answers
I give you are liable to confuse more than help. ;)

-pate