Off topic flame fest (was Re: VIRUS: [Koha] Re: Your password!)

Pat Eyler pate at eylerfamily.org
Thu Jul 18 07:28:59 NZST 2002

On 17 Jul 2002, micheas wrote:

> On Wed, 2002-07-17 at 01:44, Jeff Williams wrote:
> > Why not just strip any attachemnts from items posted to the list.  I cannot see the need
> > for an attachment.
>
>     because attachments are useful for debugging and adding
>     enhancements.
>
>     Programmers that are not primary  developers email diffs all the
>     time.

Diffs should be sent in-line if they are not checked into CVS.  If they
are too large to be emailed in-line, then they should be put somewhere to
download via the web.

>     This is something that makes life harder for everyone who doesn't
>     use Microsoft products to get there work done, just so people can
>     continue using Microsoft Outlook.

virii are not just a problem for microsoft outlook.  (They are the most
common source of issues on mailing lists though, I'd bet.)  Of course, I'd
be just as happy if everyone used pine and/or evolution ...