[Koha] error with 1.2.1

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Mon Jul 8 10:31:36 NZST 2002

On Mon, 2002-07-08 at 01:43, Ville Huhtala wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have some problems with searching. Why is it using /root/tmp ?
>
> from opac-error_log
> DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Can't create/write to file '/root/tmp/#sql10ab_c5_0.MYI' (Errcode: 13) at /var/www/html/koha/intranet/modules/C4/Search.pm line 707, <KC> line 9.
> DBD::mysql::st fetchrow_hashref failed: fetch() without execute() at /var/www/html/koha/intranet/modules/C4/Search.pm line 711, <KC> line 9.

Bula Ville

Thats actually a mysql error you are seeing there.
MySQL is needing to write a temporary file to accomplish the search, and
is trying to write to /root/tmp/   Id expect it to try to write to just
/tmp
Im not sure if there is a MySQL configuration option you can set to
change where it stores its temporary files, or whether you need to
reinstall MySQL.

What you could do to get it running is make a dir in /root writable by
the user that mysql runs as.

But it would be better to get it using /tmp.
Perhaps have a look at www.mysql.com to see whether they have any
documentation that can help. Ill see if I can find anything as well.

Chris
Chris Cormack                                      chris at katipo.co.nz
Programmer                                                025 500 789
Katipo Communications                                www.katipo.co.nz