[Koha] importing MARC records

Tonnesen Steve tonnesen at cmsd.bc.ca
Mon Jun 24 04:04:16 NZST 2002

On 22 Jun 2002, micheas wrote:

>     FreeBSD does NOT use initV style start stop scripts but BSD rc.conf
>     scripts.
>
>     FreeBSD does not have an equivalent of linux's 'su -c'
>
>     FreeBSD's /bin/sh is not very compatible with linux's /bin/sh
>
> Questions:
>
>     Are any of the environment names set by the shell script passed to
>     the perl script that runs the daemon by name (ie do I have to keep
>     your variable names?)
>
>     Is there any reason to not have apache call the script?  (ie does
>     anything have to be done as root?)
>
>     Does it make sense to try changing the perl script instead of
>     rewriting the shell scripts for each os?

The perl script doesn't take any arguments.  The point of the shell
script, I believe, was just to make sure that the processz3950queue script
didn't run as root for security reasons.  As long as the user running
processz3950queue has the C4 directory in the perl path, and can read
/etc/koha.conf, it should work fine.

Steve.