[Koha] importing MARC records

micheas micheas at micheas.dyns.net
Sun Jun 23 17:06:59 NZST 2002

On Sat, 2002-06-22 at 19:52, Tonnesen Steve wrote:

> micheas:
>
> There is a separate daemon process for processing the Z3950 queue.  Try
> running z3950-daemon-launch.sh after setting "RunAsUser" and "KohaDir"
> variables in the script.  RunAsUser should be set to the user that your
> apache runs as.
>
> We haven't figured out how to get this process running from an init script
> in some generic fashion.
>
> Steve.

Thanks for your reply.

It's pointed me in the right direction.

Some problems:

    FreeBSD does NOT use initV style start stop scripts but BSD rc.conf
    scripts.

    FreeBSD does not have an equivalent of linux's 'su -c'

    FreeBSD's /bin/sh is not very compatible with linux's /bin/sh

Questions:

    Are any of the environment names set by the shell script passed to
    the perl script that runs the daemon by name (ie do I have to keep
    your variable names?)

    Is there any reason to not have apache call the script?  (ie does
    anything have to be done as root?)

    Does it make sense to try changing the perl script instead of
    rewriting the shell scripts for each os?

Any known gotcha's that I'm going to run into would also be useful.

Micheas