[Koha] Re: user comments

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Fri May 3 15:59:07 NZST 2002

Hi Ville

I answer your short post first because, well its short :)

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 08:52:38PM +0300, Ville Huhtala said:
> I forgot one more comment:
>
> "reading record" (reading history) raises some privacy issues. This
> should be configurable option when setting up Koha database.

Im not sure I understand, you dont think the librarians should be able to
pull up a reading history on a borrower?

I agree you shouldnt make this information available to the other borrowers.
But surely if the information is all in the database the librarians should
be allowed to see it?

The reading record is just a list of all the itmes a borrower has borrowed.
And can be fetched in multiple ways.

Do you think there would be situations in which you'd want to hide a members
borrowing history from a librarian? In which case you'd probably want to
hide a lot of other information as well. Is this what you were thinking?

Chris
025 500 789                                        Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz