[Koha] MARC

Tonnesen Steve tonnesen at cmsd.bc.ca
Tue Jun 26 01:11:54 NZST 2001

On Sat, 23 Jun 2001, Benedykt P. Barszcz wrote:

> software used does not make use of the indicators. Do you think that it will
> impede or make difficult to import data without indicators into MARC-enabled
> koha as you have designed it?

I can't see that being a problem.  In fact, my current Koha ->
MARC converter leaves all the indicators blank at the moment anyway.  The
only one I was thinking of automating was the 245 second indicator which
tells how many non-filing characters are at the beginning of the title.  I
was going to search for "The", "A", or "An" to at least catch some of
these.  Rather english-specific solution, eh?  :)

Steve.