[Koha] MARC

Benedykt P. Barszcz kb2qzv at box43.pl
Sat Jun 23 10:19:38 NZST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tonnesen Steve" <tonnesen at cmsd.bc.ca>
To: "Benedykt P. Barszcz" <kb2qzv at box43.pl>
Cc: "Koha Open Source Library System" <koha at lists.katipo.co.nz>
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2001 11:30 PM
Subject: Re: [Koha] MARC

> I'm no expert on MARC, but the plan is to make it a full MARC record.  I
> don't have the code yet for actually writing out the data as a MARC
> record, but that really is trivial.
There is a federation of 92 libraries here in Poland called FIDES. I am
closely associated with them.
Just recently a decision has been made to convert all the bibliographic data
into USMARC. The current format is MARC BN. The BN stands for National
Library (in Polish). Even now that they decided to convert to USMARC they
proposed a draft in which they drop "the MARC indicators" because the
software used does not make use of the indicators. Do you think that it will
impede or make difficult to import data without indicators into MARC-enabled
koha as you have designed it?

Benedykt

--
Chcialbys zarobic lub "dorobic" naprawde dobre pieniadze?
Otrzymasz do 300zl za kazda firme ktora wprowadzisz do Centrum e-biznesu