[Koha] i18n of koha - progress report

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Sat Jun 23 10:48:14 NZST 2001

On Sat, Jun 23, 2001 at 12:35:19AM +0200, Benedykt P. Barszcz said:
> Hi,
> Actually I should not be writing this. I have convinced a friend of mine to
> look at koha project and try to internationalize it.
> What he did was he wrote a simple perl script that makes it possible to
> switch between languages in koha by simply setting the language preference
> in your browser. For that to work an "Action" directive is to be set in
> Apache, like so:
> Action text/html  /cgi-bin/koha/trans.pl
> Action text/plain  /cgi-bin/trans.pl
>
> The "trans.pl" script does the whole magic to present the language of your
> preference of your browser.
> Requirements: gettext.pm, translated koha.pot file, and compiled with
> msgfmt.

Excellent, that is too cool :-) Sounds like a very elegant solution.

> Now I need to convince him to subscribe to this mailing list to
> contribute:-)

Please do, if he would like I can set him up with cvs access so he can
commit the files to the cvs tree.

> It may take some time.
>
> But the thing works and I am amazed....

Yep is a very nice solution. Very cunning :-)

Chris
025 500 789                                        Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz