[Koha] Koha details/features

Rachel Hamilton-Williams rachel at katipo.co.nz
Fri Sep 8 14:48:31 NZST 2000

> > What's distribution? Is that circulation - issues and returns

>    Yes, exactly.  I'm not sure if that's the right term (I'm a computer
> geek, not a librarian) but that's what our librarians call it.

Ditto :-)

> > Yes does barcode scanning - am surprised by how often this comes up
>
>    That's what I thought.  One suggestion might be to do a short "gee
> whiz" list of features on the web site bragging about Koha's capabilities.

good plan

>    Again, my apologies as I don't know what that is either.  I'm sure I'll
> asking lots of "dumb" questions.

Not at all - those were things that other libraries were keen on, so wasn't
sure if you were too :-)

>    The things I'm thinking of is types of interfaces for the scanners,
> models that can be used, everything like that -- as I said, I'm a complete
> newbie when it comes to library automation, bar codes, etc.

Yep the libarary uses a bar code scanner - that apparently plugs into the
keyboard (does that sound familiar?)

I'm not much up on the different sorts of scanner devices - but someone else
on the list is bound to be :-)

Just about to run away for the weekend - so may not answer more for a
couple of days

Cheers

rachel

Rachel Hamilton-Williams             Katipo Communications
WEBMISTRESS                          ph  025 300 825 or +64 04 389 1285
mailto:rachel at katipo.co.nz           PO Box 7039, Wellington
http://www.katipo.co.nz              New Zealand