[Koha] Problems with the facebook web crawler

Chris Brown chris at stayawake.co.uk
Fri Jul 26 04:11:26 NZST 2024

Hi Nigel et al,

I recently noticed the load on our Koha server was getting ridiculously
high and investigation showed that most of it was bot requests for
opan-search.pl (averaging about one a second!) I have managed to stop the
ones that were hurting us with robots.txt  and I am fairly confident that
amazobot does respect this. We haven't had any trouble from Facebook (so
far)

Chris Brown