[Koha] Problems with the facebook web crawler

Coehoorn, Joel jcoehoorn at york.edu
Fri Jul 26 02:58:35 NZST 2024

We've had a couple recent crashes I haven't yet had time to dig into. This
would explain it :/
And as I look now, I also see a bunch of AmazonBot, but I haven't yet
checked whether this would at least respect robots.txt

The really annoying thing about this is the catalog is there to be public.
It's why it exists. To that end we have the oai-pmh service available,
which would give them all the data they could reasonably expect in a much
more efficient way.

*Joel Coehoorn*
Director of Information Technology
*York University*