[Koha] Rif: Re: Problem with 24.05.01 windows stalls with "processing" box

spazzali at magritte.it spazzali at magritte.it
Sun Jul 21 10:32:16 NZST 2024

Hi David,

thanks for your quick reply.

Looking for the wrong fields I edited the items of some records and they
look ok

We don't make loan and in general we fill:

items.withdrawn 995 0 (default)
items.itemlost 995 2 (default)
items.restricted 995 3 (default)
items.dateaccessioned 995 5 (dd/mm/yyyy, filled with the calendar widget)
items.homebranch 995 b
items.holdingbranch 995 c
items.notforloan 995 o (not for loan)
items.itype 995 r

sometimes we use

items.itemnotes 995 u

but rarely

not more than that.

In the table under the "Processing..." box there are fields that we don't
use and even fields I don't know at all (i.e. "Serial enumeration
chronology")

I guess that there isn't a REST Api log or a debug mode that shows where
the problem is.

I also create a new BiblioRecord with a new Item but the problems remains
the same.

We started with Koha in 2016 (Koha 16.5) and generally we always update to
the last Stable versions with no problems.

Now if the problem might be in one (or a bounch) of the thousands items we
are dealing it could be difficult catch the wrong record.

On the contrary if the problem should be in the Items I am opening the
BiblioRecord of (generally there is a single item for each BiblioRecord) I
must know where it is to fix it.

I can easily make a rollback because I still have an image with data and
Koha23 installed. In general I would prefer to have the possibility to
upgrade to the latest version but I can wait. It depends if this behaviour
is considered as a "bug" or a "feature". In the last case I have to
correct the Items or keep Koha23 forever.

Thanks again for your help

tommaso