[Koha] Koha not compatible with Plesk Control Panel?

Alessandro Tedesco alessandro.tedesco.it at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 20:27:30 NZDT 2023

Hi Mason,

thank you so much for checking and replying to this issue.

>perhaps you could log a support ticket/bug with plesk?
I have already open a post in the Plesk Forum, but it seems that for the
moment they won't fix this issues:
https://talk.plesk.com/threads/a-fix-for-javascript-common-package-incompatibility-with-plesk.371562/

However, can you confirm that the "javascript-common package" was
introduced since the 22.05 Release? (I am able to install Koha  21.11 in
the VPS running Ubuntu with Plesk without problems).

Another question: is anyone using (or can recommend) a control panel for
Debian (or Ubuntu) that doesn't cause conflicts with Koha (maybe
DirectAdmin?)

Thanks and Kind Regards
Alessandro

Il giorno mar 26 set 2023 alle ore 07:20 Mason James <mtj at kohaaloha.com> ha
scritto:

> hi Alessandro
>
> the bad news is that koha-common depends on libmojolicious-perl,
>   which depends on libjs-bootstrap4,
>    which depends on libjs-popper.js,
>     which depends on javascript-common
>

> https://packages.debian.org/bookworm/libmojolicious-perl
>

> perhaps you could log a support ticket/bug with plesk?
>

> cheers, Mason
>

> On 25/09/23 11:00 am, Alessandro Tedesco wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I am trying to install the current stable release of Koha on a VPS (OS
> > Ubuntu 22.04.1) managed with the Plesk Control Panel.
> >
> > However, it seems that Koha is not compatible with Plesk.
> >
> > Below the error generated after launching the installation
> > -------------------
> > # sudo apt-get install koha-common
> > Reading package lists... Done
> > Building dependency tree... Done
> > Reading state information... Done
> > Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
> > requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
> > distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
> > or been moved out of Incoming.
> > The following information may help to resolve the situation:

> > psa : Conflicts: javascript-common but 11+nmu1 is to be installed
> > E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be
> caused
> > by held packages.
> > -------------------
>

> note you have a problem with the psa and javascript-common
> >
> > I have found that Plesk is not compatible with the javascript-common
> > package required by Koha (https://
> >
> talk.plesk.com/threads/cant-install-prometheus-together-with-plesk-on-debian-bullseye.367321/#post-917570
> > ).
> >
> > However, it's strange because last year I installed Koha without problems
> > on a VPS with Plesk...maybe the javascript-common package in the latest
> > versions of Koha?
> >
> > Does anyone experience the same issues?
> >
> > Thanks and Kind Regards
> > Alex