[Koha] Provision to issue books to a department

Coehoorn, Joel jcoehoorn at york.edu
Wed May 31 01:45:36 NZST 2023

Define a branch for each of the divisions, and then set the appropriate
circulation rules for those branches. Then transfer the items to the
appropriate branch.

Alternatively, define *one* branch and set of circulation rules, with each
division a different shelving location, and then transfer the items to the
new branch and shelf. This is an easier setup, but it writes over the
shelving location in the original library, and if you ever find yourself
needing to allow circulation in one of these areas you're back to needing
to set it up as its own branch again.

*Joel Coehoorn*
Director of Information Technology
*York University*