[Koha] Provision to issue books to a department

Rupinder Singh jessedhammu at gmail.com
Tue May 30 20:39:23 NZST 2023

Hi,
Our University library has a provision to issue multiple books to the
departments for longer durations, the responsibility of which is taken by
the head of the respective departments. For example, we issue office rule
books to the Administration section and DDC volumes to Library and
Infomation Science department. These books can not be issued to any person,
as they have defined circulation rules already. A person can only get
limited books for a short period.

Please suggest what provision we can make in Koha to issue such books.  One
is simple, just to make new patron records for each department and give
them elevated rights. But I don't find it quite amusing.

Is there any particular mechanism for this, like Book Bank, Course
Reserver etc., (I don't know much about it)

Thank You
Rupinder Singh