[Koha] Fwd: Dead Koha Resuscitation

Bruce A. Metcalf library at augustansociety.org
Fri May 19 08:33:10 NZST 2023

On 5/18/23 15:52, Hector Gonzalez Jaime wrote:
> On 5/18/23 13:46, Bruce A. Metcalf wrote:
>> On 5/18/23 14:52, David Liddle wrote:
>>
>>> 2.a. Path. What is the result of this command? env | grep -i 'path'
>>
>> root at store:/# env | grep -i 'path'
>> PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/games:/usr/games
>>
>> I am aware that the path should contain several sbin directories, but I
>> don't know how to add them.
>
> with these commands:
>
> PATH=/sbin:/usr/sbin:$PATH
> export PATH

Okay, that seems to have worked. Still no love from apt-get install
--reinstall koha-common though.

>> 3. Repository and deb. Did you run "apt update" before running
>> "apt-get install --reinstall koha-common"?
>>
>> Yes. The resultant is:
>>
>> root at store:/# apt-get update && apt-get install --reinstall koha-common
>> [some lines skipped]
>> Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
>> requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
>> distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
>> or been moved out of Incoming.
>> The following information may help to resolve the situation:
>>
>> The following packages have unmet dependencies:
>>  koha-common : Depends: libtest-dbix-class-perl but it is not going to
>> be installed
>> E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

This unchanged after the PATH correction.

> You should try:  apt-get dist-upgrade     which would install the
> missing dependencies.

This seems hopeful:

root at store:/etc/koha# apt-get dist-upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
   libmoosex-types-perl libsub-exporter-formethods-perl
   koha-common
   koha python-ipaddress
2 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded. ... etc.

I am concerned by the koha-common being kept back though.

>   Also apt-get -f install should fix that too.

No change from that.

... and still no OPAC or admin access.

Curiously:

root at store:/etc/koha# apt upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

  libossp-uuid-perl : Conflicts: libdata-uuid-perl
E: Broken packages

Suggestions?

Thanks all for the continuing effort.

Regards,