[Koha] Fwd: Dead Koha Resuscitation

Hector Gonzalez Jaime cacho at genac.org
Fri May 19 07:52:42 NZST 2023

On 5/18/23 13:46, Bruce A. Metcalf wrote:
> On 5/18/23 14:52, David Liddle wrote:
>
>> Hello, Bruce. You've been good about chasing down the information
>> folks have asked for. I'm sorry that we haven't brought you closer
>> to a solution.
>

> I'm no less appreciative of your efforts for that.
>

>> I have some follow-up questions:
>>
>> 1.a. Database. Once you listed the databases, did you exit the mysql
>> prompt and back up the koha_library database with the mysqldump command?
>

> Yes, and it appeared to work. I have a 450MB file called backup.sql.
>

>> 1.b.Can you use an FTP client such as FileZilla to download such files?
>

> I assume so.
>

>> 2.a. Path. What is the result of this command? env | grep -i 'path'
>

> root at store:/# env | grep -i 'path'
> PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/games:/usr/games
>
> I am aware that the path should contain several sbin directories, but I
> don't know how to add them.

with these commands:

PATH=/sbin:/usr/sbin:$PATH
export PATH

Assuming you are using some variant of /bin/sh

You might edit your .bashrc and add that at the end of the file, and
login again, or use "source ~/.bashrc " to process the file in your session.

>> 2.b. Path. Did you already establish that the Koha commands are or
>> are not installed? ls /usr/sbin/koha*
>

> Yes, the usual list of commands is there. This suggests to me that the
> inadequate PATH command is at least part of my problem.
>

>> 3. Repository and deb. Did you run "apt update" before running
>> "apt-get install --reinstall koha-common"?
>

> Yes. The resultant is:
>
> root at store:/# apt-get update && apt-get install --reinstall koha-common
> [some lines skipped]
> or been moved out of Incoming.

>  koha-common : Depends: libtest-dbix-class-perl but it is not going to
> be installed

You should try:  apt-get dist-upgrade     which would install the
missing dependencies.  Also apt-get -f install should fix that too.