[Koha] Record import fails in 22.11

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Wed Feb 15 06:11:30 NZDT 2023

For the sake of anyone who might encounter this problem in future, I asked
my IT person to explain what he did.

Rabbitmq is the queueing service that is used to queue jobs like staging
and importing records.
By default rabbitmq will create listing ports for the Stomp plugin on both
IPv4 and IPv6 addresses.
Our server (a virtual server) is not configured for IPv6.  Creating the
IPv6 port on our server was failing with "Address not available".
I fixed the issue by configuring rabbitmq to only create an IPv4 port:

Added to /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq.conf:
stomp.listeners.tcp.1 = 127.0.0.1:61613
#stomp.listeners.tcp.2 = ::1:61613

The first line (...tcp.1) is the IPv4 address.
The second line (commented out with #) is the IPv6 line.

I made this change and restarted both services:

systemctl restart rabbitmq-server

systemctl restart koha-common

After that, all was working fine.
Elaine