[Koha] Beginners problems - Z39.50 and the reservoir

René Seindal rene at seindal.dk
Sat Feb 11 02:58:59 NZDT 2023

On 2023-02-10 14:46, Giacomo Visini wrote:
> Hi René,
>
> I'm not sure if I completely understand your post, but you want to
> import 1 specific record using the Z39.50 application in the cataloging
> section, right? Normally, when you get a hit (through ISBN or whatever)
> you can import the data by clicking 'Import'. This will bring you to
> the 'Add MARC record'-editor, with most fields filled in. There you can
> add, delete, change your data the way you like it. On the upper left
> side you'll have the option to 'Save' the bibliographic record. That
> way the record will be saved and will be visible in your OPAC.
>
> AFAIK, no "reservoir" is needed, nor the 'Manage staged records' tool.
>
> Note: this is the way to work to import 1 record at a time. For batch
> imports, that's another question 😊

Thanks a lot for your reply.

What you describe is what I expected. However, in my case the imported
records end up in the 'reservoir' and are not visible in the OPAC. I can
only find them in the 'Cataloging' section.

So it's not a question of the 'reservoir' being needed or not, it's
there whether I want it or not, and I can't figure out how to get the
imported records from the 'reservoir' (which is a kind of staging area,
it seems) to the OPAC.

René