[Koha] Beginners problems - Z39.50 and the reservoir

René Seindal rene at seindal.dk
Fri Feb 10 20:39:46 NZDT 2023

Hi,

I'm René Seindal, and I've been setting up an evaluation instance of
Koha for my wife. I'm not a librarian, but she is. We're in Italy.

I've installe Koha on an existing Debian testing system. Everything
apparently went smooth and after configuration the public and the intra
sites are functioning. As far as I can see the 'koha-common' services
are running as they should.

I then searched for an ISBN in the Italian National Library Service
through Z39.50. Found the book, imported it (got it twice for some
reason) and the records are now in the "reservoir".

I can see them in the Cataloging section but not anywhere else. It is
not in the public catalog. I cannot do anything with them. I cannot move
them to the real catalogue. I cannot remove them. I can select "Add
biblio" on a menu, but that doesn't lead me anywhere either.

The "Manage staged records" section is empty.

I've managed to remove all the records in the reservoir by fiddling with
a database cleanup cron job, but that removed them. The public catalog
remained empty.

I'm stymied.

This is very basic, and I can't get it to work, so I presume I'm doing
it wrong.

I hope some of you can help me out.

Thanks,
René Seindal